Friday, January 18, 2013

 

Snow time.

Bother!
I was making our cup of tea in bed this morning, when I realised I had almost run out of tea.
Should have spotted that yesterday.
I was not prepared to do without my tea, so before breakfast we went to Morrison's in Broadfield. We went there because we had noted a really good offer on coke, which Bill likes to drink.
The snow had begun by this time and it was horrid out there.
I love snow - but not when it is being driven hard against my face by a strong wind.
When we got home more and more snow began to fall.
So, it has been a lazy, at home, day.
I took a few pictures in the back garden.














































































I am so pleased with the last two - thrilled.
Look at the snow on the leaf! I have captured, for the first time ever, the structure of a snowflake.

Snow can be a nuisance. I am sure it has felt like a nuisance to many today.
But really, the media have hyped it up to excess.
Did we really need a special half hour report on BBC1 this evening about a few hours of snow?
In fact family and friends I have been in contact with today, on the whole, have been having fun and enjoying the snow.
Snowmen and sledging photos by the score!
It comes rarely and for such a short time (normally) we might as well turn it into a positive experience if we can.
Plans may have to be altered - no boot sales for us this weekend. And very probably the sports hall athletics we are due to timekeep at will be cancelled. People have to travel up to 40 miles to take part.
Never mind - the world will not end on account of a few alterations to plans.
Maybe in some other parts where there is more snow I might not feel so glib. So, sorry if others are having a really bad time.