Tuesday, January 15, 2013

 

Nothing Much

Not a good day.....nothing bad, but also nothing good.
That's my fault.....good things happen when I give them the chance and today I did not.
I just didn't want to do anything - can't be bothered.
It will be a superhuman effort of pushing myself to prepare some broccoli and carrots for our evening meal.
I can't blame the weather. It has been bright. I don't mind it cold as long as its bright.
I am sure we should have been out in the garden - but Bill has even less oomph than me.
Maybe tomorrow we can get out and pull out all last year's dead plants and prune those that will remain and flower again for us.
But there is also  a pile of ironing to do. Well, not that big a pile because we don't iron very much - only the very necessary. But it hasn't been done for a couple of weeks.
I hope my new camera might arrive tomorrow. That will be a boost.

Instead of printing some photographs this afternoon I began to read other people's blogs.
My brother does a good one. I like the way it can be linked into my emails. Does this blog do that?
My brother is a happy nerd.

locksands.wordpress.com/author/locksands

Why doesn't it underline so that you can click on it directly? I don't know - just can't think either inside or outside the box today.

(son adds later - you have to select the text that you want to be a link, then click on the Link option in the toolbar at the top of the page)

I have collected a number of blogs and check on them sometimes.
Diamond Geezer is also a nerd.....I hope he is happy. There has been a lot about underground trains recently, what with the anniversary.
It is quite obvious that millions of people like to write, record their thoughts, happenings, ideas and photos.
http://stmargaretsphotodiary.blogspot.co.uk/
This one is a bird nerd.

I also watched an episode of Father Brown after lunch. I remember that my dad enjoyed G K Chesterton's books on the exploits of Father Brown. I think Agatha Christie did that sort of thing better. Maybe Dad did too.

Well vegetables are cooking - but I forgot to put the salmon into the oven. Dinner will be a little later than planned.
Time perhaps to do something interesting with jacket potatoes!