Tuesday, January 08, 2013

 

Seasonal gloom.

These January days feel strange....not yet the real world.
I think this is seeping into a lot of psyches out there.....I sense tetchiness is in the air.
The finger tips of seasonal depression are trying to grip tighter maybe.
I feel it today.
I am not feeling very with it.
To help myself I wrote a things to do list this morning - much has been crossed off.
But why did I write down "mirror"? And what did I actually do to enable me to cross it off the list?
It bothered me most of the afternoon until I realised that was a Bill thing to do.
On Sunday, instead of  backing straight out of a parking space in the Marina car park, he swung the wheel heavily and smashed the wing mirror into a pillar.
Silly Billy!
Bah!
A replacement is on order and he has opted to allow the experts to fit it.
Something else made me feel cross this morning. How dare they?
We noticed that the local post office was being altered last week (and was closed). Now, it might be worse than useless! It is very small and integrated in to the newsagent's counter. All we wanted was to change £1 of pennies and £10 worth of 20p. "We don't change money" we were told without a smile. The new assistant knew almost nothing - even had to be told how to affix an airmail stamp onto the parcel of the previous customer. What will she do with a sackful of ebay parcels?
The friendly old assistant has been moved to Langley Green. Its a bit far for me to conveniently chase Sandra....but I think I shall be transferring my loyalty to another post office.
Bah!
There has been bickering on Memories of Crawley....is it more than bickering when one is referred to as a "snotty nosed cow"?
I felt some criticism from my brother where none was intended - he might have felt he was being criticised back!
And my wee bag keeps leaking!
Bah!
I bought a big bottle of red vermouth this morning in the supermarket.....maybe that will loosen those finger tips of gloomy winter.
Maybe the really cold spell that we are promised would feel more exhilarating than the grey.
I have a small piece of gammon roasting in the oven. Small, but big enough to last a couple of days or more.It was bought before Christmas and needs using. I am roasting some left over potatoes.....don't think they will have the quality we have come to expect. I bought  a large pastry brush so that I could brush things with oil that I want to fry or roast - cutting down the fat, you see.
Bah!
I enjoyed posting some of the photos which show my section in the antiques centre.
Scroll down to see them.