Wednesday, January 02, 2013

 

January 2nd.

Shopping....a little food shopping had to be done; not just bread and milk.
We went to Lidl.
They didn't have any milk.
We bought more ham, fruit, a few vegetables and more fish.
I asked Bill if he needed any more yoghurts.
I was a bit cross with his purchase.....not yoghurts, but mini strawberry cheesecakes. I am sure they are delicious; but each one is 275 calories - about 5 times as much as a low fat yoghurt.
Good advice from the medical people is just not getting through.
Poor Bill!
I don't have these problems....I could put myself on a chocolate, cheese and chips diet and lose weight.
They so affect my digestion that I actually digest almost nothing.
Thus I have lost a bit of weight over Christmas.

We returned home to a Christmas free house.
My twelve days of Christmas are over.
I am very happy with decorating the house for the Winter Solstice and removing the things for a fresh start on January 2nd.

This afternoon I caught up with the ironing. There wasn't much, because most things I find don't need it. Just as well I don't do much much because I find the whole process very wearisome and I needed frequent rests.

I have experimented this afternoon with using Picassa to prepare photographs for posting on facebook, blog or to print for my album.
I had a lovely picture of a beautiful great niece, but she didn't like it....other people said it was lovely. But that is typical of a soon to be 13 year old.
I put 4 different versions onto facebook to see what other people's opinions might be.
They are all liking the black and white portrait.


I can see a black and white phase coming on.......unless we get a brilliant blue winter sky, like yesterday.
We didn't get one today.

It won't be sunny tomorrow either, but it should be dry and we will go to Ford and Littlehampton. It feels like ages since were there.