Monday, December 24, 2012

 

Ready for a happy day.

I assume that our bodies cope with most things - but when given the opportunity to shut down, then that is what they do.
This evening I am exhausted.
Totally exhausted.
I am so happy now that we have some time to rest and potter on our own.
We have seen so many people in the last week or so - not as many as we might have planned to see, but we have hardly been at home for some days.
Today we have been busy - very busy.
Fortunately, as far as we know, everything that left the shop had been paid for!
Steve had to spend quite a while working out how to get a recording of yesterday's incident out of the machine. He did it and we enjoyed a while watching it.
The woman had a book of mine under her arm for a long time....I wonder why. It would have been priced at about £4. We saw that she couldn't cope with the book once she had assumed she was safe to bag the phone. It was not an ordinary old phone...it was a metal stick phone and came with a heavy wooden bell box.
Meanwhile customers came and went.
Gifts were being bought along with items for home use.
The very last sale of the day was to a boy - about 18, I would guess. I spent a while looking at brooches that his mother might like. Which one did I like? Well I hope she likes the delicate one I chose with inlaid abalone shell.
Well, a cup of tea and sleep beckons. I have been enjoying so many messages and pictures on facebook.
Father Christmas must be prepared for glasses of milk, mince pies, apples for reindeers and so on. People are dressed up, some are cooking or have cooked things, lovely pictures of a family meal in Thailand (not our family). Family and friends are ready for a day that is special to them.
Bill and I will have a long lie in and then get up and cook a big dinner, watch Dr Who and no doubt fall asleep again with some ginger wine. No walk is planned this year.
Happy Christmas everybody.