Thursday, December 27, 2012

 

A second Christmas begins.

Boxing Day was great.
We spent the day with Bill's sister and her husband.
Great food and drink.
He cooked the Basque chicken for us and we finished the day with her Dundee cake.
Both superb.
It was gentle and relaxing and just perfect for us.
Today has been more normal.....except it feels a bit like Christmas Eve.
Tomorrow is a family party day.....the one day when we do present exchanging.
And presents need to be wrapped.
I did that this afternoon - after we had been out to buy wrapping paper.
Yes, just wrapping paper and a couple of basics like bread and milk.
But we came home with enough to fill the freezer with food for January.
Asda had reduced things well - the things they needed to get rid of.
Like four chicken breast fillets for £1.37 - that's 34p each. I bought 8.
I also bought a chicken for £2 and 2 salmon fillets for £1.10......and more things.
Bill finally came round to the idea that he would create a 2013 calendar...he has been doing a photographic calendar for many years to a high standard.
But I sensed that he might not be feeling so willing this year....normally it would have been done long before now.
So, I planned a calendar of my own.
Once planned, I wanted to do it.
So I have spent the evening slaving over a hot printer - Bill's printer, which is far more efficient than the Epson I bought. That will have to go.
So we will have 2 calendars this year. We selected pictures with no reference to each other - and they have turned out to form quite different reviews of the year.
They are our own memories - but tradition has it that we also give one to our hosts tomorrow. I hope they like them too.
It's getting late and I still have November and December to do.
Good night.