Wednesday, December 26, 2012

 

Christmas Day at home

We had truly lazy plans for Christmas Day.......but plans can be modified.
The plan had been to stay in nightclothes all day, potter, eat, drink, watch TV and rest. - youngsters call it a PJ day.
So, I prepared some vegetables in readiness for the eating part of the plan.
Then we got dressed quickly to join some family members and a friend up in the forest to walk to the lake.
The rain had stopped and suddenly it seemed like a fun thing to do.

But first - here are some lazy day pictures.....the eating mainly.

The time is quarter past five.
The walk is behind us.
I am carving the meat.....I often wonder how come I get to do carving; surely carving meat is a man's job!
A wine bottle and glass are at my side!
















That looks so good.
This year we chose a 4 bird roast.
In the middle you find duck and goose wrapped in turkey. This is wrapped in savoury stuffing and chicken and then wrapped in rashers of bacon and a honey glaze.






























Meat is carved. Roast potatoes and roast parsnips are in the roasting pan.  Feeling hungry!


One of us just couldn't wait for a roast potato.



















That's my dinner - with lashings of cranberry sauce.
The roast was exceedingly good.


















After dinner and Dr Who and a doze, I took a few snaps of our Christmas decorations.


Black and white - ancient and modern.
The white are 1950s plastic.
The black I bought recently when shopping with my grand daughter and we discussed decorating for a Goth Christmas.










I love the old Christmas decorations - 1950s style.
This Father Christmas turns and plays a merry Christmas tune.
The tree is made of wood and painted silver.
We have been out in the past and found a suitable branch and painted it silver ourselves.
But now we have a ready made tree that we bought in a Christmas sale.













I made a collage of Christmas cards.
Some years ago I made the decision not to send cards.
It seems that I was at the head of the trend!
It is noticeable just how many other people are not doing cards these days.
I should think there are half the number we might have got 20 years ago.
It doesn't matter.
The people who matter are in frequent contact anyway and some people have now become good memories from our past.








I hope it has been the Christmas you planned and wanted.
But maybe plans were changed and other good things came your way.
I have been very pleased to be in touch with and visit so many of our family and friends in the run up to Christmas.