Tuesday, January 01, 2013

 

Welcome to 2013

I wish you a very happy new year. I hope that 2013 will be full of joy, peace and contentment for you and the wide world.
This passing from one year to another has been a busy time.
Yesterday was a Monday....not quite an ordinary Monday, but a day in the antiques centre for me and Bill.
The weather was awful. We hardly expected a day of much activity.
But we were wrong.
I had another day of good sales - to follow on from the 3 good days at the end of last week.
December was a brilliant month for me.
But I am not to so foolish as to assume that this will continue. Life in the antiques trade seems to go up and down. The downs are sure to follow.
But I will continue to try to find the sort of things that people are seeming to want.

We left the shop a little early.
I had things to organise.
Although those that know me well, would realise that throwing things together is my sort of organisation.
I stocked up with some tasty looking food items during the day and got them ready for New Years Eve celebrations - not a party, but a happy get together of some of Bill's family. There were 7 of us to laugh, chat, eat and drink.....lots of reminiscing.
At midnight, having stood and raised our glasses to a happy 2013, I chivvied everybody outdoors; fortunately the rain had gone.
We had no fireworks.....anything good enough to impress is very costly, and just one costly exploding beauty wouldn't have seemed enough. So I bought sparklers.....goodness they were rather pathetic!!! But that created laughter.
I took some pictures - shame that my slightly merry self hadn't been aware of my big greasy thumb print on the lens.
















































Naturally our New Years Day began late......well, we had already enjoyed 2 and a half hours of it before going to bed.

By 1 o'clock we were ready for some fresh air and exercise.
Wow! The air was fresh.......blue sky and sunshine.
I knew that Wakehurst Place would be crowded. Attendants were needed at the car park to guide people round. Signs announced that it was full. Actually we found a space very well sited for the entrance.


What a brilliant blue.
Winter blue skies are very special.


































































































Bill was taking a picture of me before we left. I have to ask him to do this because I know that others like to see photos of people....and he doesn't think of that.

A passing young mother offered to take one of both of us. She took several and the result is brilliant.
Well done that woman.


















Early to bed I think.
I hope we all have plans and ideas for the year that will be fulfilling and make us smile.