Saturday, January 12, 2013

 

Happy birthday

Get on with it Winter!
You are attempting to make us feel cold - and succeeding quite well, with the chill, gloomy rain.
But where is the snow?
I know that snow can be tedious, frightening, difficult, dangerous.....for many.
I think it is exciting. But more than that, it makes Winter feel like a proper season. It is good for the earth to freeze.
But for now we make do with dreary and dream of summer days - or Thailand days, in our case.

Would have loved to be in Thailand this weekend.


































Wow! They got me a big Lego kit! Happy birthday John.


































Gobsmacked! Wow! Wow! I've got my own Ipad/tablet. Oh thank you Mummy and Daddy!











But, we haven't been in Thailand.
We popped out for bread - went to the local farm shop. Boo! No strawberry cider, which we get from a barrel into our own container.

This afternoon I have relisted some things on EBay. No profit in these things - just want to clear the decks.
I have also got 24 things ready for describing - books.
Must do that tomorrow.
One of the books has planted a seed for a day out on the South Downs. Not far from Brighton on the top of The Downs is a chattri; this is a war memorial for Indian soldiers who died in WW1. Some (or many - I don't know) must have died in Brighton and were cremated on the top of The Downs with full Indian tradition. We need a sunny day.
I learn things from selling books on Ebay.
Of course I would learn things if I kept all the books too - but that isn't really an option.

Time for a cup of tea - might have another slice of the little Christmas cake that I got from my sister in law, who made loads for the hospice funds. Dreary weather is a good time to cut Christmas cake.