Monday, November 05, 2012

 

Unsettled.

The good news is that both Bill and I have had a good week at the shop.
And I am finding that without other people on duty with us I can get more done than I used to - though I do miss Monika. She came in for a while late in the afternoon.
I can do all my accounts and crossing off of sold items during the morning.
My EBay accounts are still lacking something. An item has not been paid for, despite my having been in touch 3 times and even offered to pay for postal insurance.
That bidder now has 4 days to pay up for the George Best box of handkerchiefs.
Then I can offer it to the under bidder, who must have wanted it quite a lot because his/her top bid was £95.
If all else fails, I just have to start again.
As I write, Harry cat is staring at his food.
It seems staring at it is all he can do.
My brain is telling me what must happen - but I feel so sad; in so many ways he is still the same cat. He is affectionate and bright eyed and not totally lacking in energy.
Why not? After all this time without sustenance he should be at death's door anyway.
And today a niece contacted me to say that her friend, a vet nurse had told her it was always difficult to get cats eating again after extractions. The nurse wondered about trying a convalescent cat food which is mixed with water and can be fed through a syringe. Bill thinks it sounds like cruel force feeding, but I just wonder if it would work.
I am unsettled, wondering what Wednesday will bring.
Tuesday will bring a dental visit for me. My mouth has felt particularly sore and painful for the last 24 hours.
I hope he can modify the denture a bit more to make life easier for me.