Friday, November 09, 2012

 

Another building gone.

Stress is not good for health.
And I guess I have experienced stress in the last 2 or 3 weeks - quite a lot of stress.
The day began normally enough.
We went to East Grinstead to shop at Aldi and then enjoy a cuppa somewhere.
The cuppa part of the morning had to be deferred.
I was happily walking round Aldi, when wham! My pancreas flared up- very tight pains across the front of my waist;  I felt nauseous and faint and it turned into a migraine.
I travelled back in the car with hands tight over my eyes to keep the daylight out.
I feel so tired now - but stronger.
I shall have an early night.
I have spent some time sorting photos on the computer - Crawley photos. I have so many of them - and have been adding many more since joining the group.
I am so glad that there have been people out there taking pictures of the ordinary things of the town and the changes.
Maybe it will inspire Bill and I to take a closer watch again.
One change has occurred just this week.
A building gone full of many memories for a lot of people.






I remember seeing Dumbo there with my family when I was about 6.
My mother and I went together to see Oklahoma and Friendly Persuasion.
Bill and I had our first date there just over 50 years ago. We saw the film Exodus. I have just been reading up the plot - I couldn't remember at all what it was about. It seems it was a rather pro Zionist war/love film. The soundtrack was was powerful and very popular at the time.
It hasn't actually been a cinema for a while now - we have a multi screen cinema now.
But this one was a proper old fashioned cinema with plush carpets, ice cream sellers who walked round with their trays of wares. Seats in the balcony cost a bit more than downstairs.