Monday, May 21, 2012

 

Some pictures of Sheffield Park Garden.

I have been indoors for most of the day at the shop.
But I managed to notice the change in the weather - almost warm this afternoon.
We have a wonderful Diamond Jubilee window display now. Pictures of that will come tomorrow.

Today I will share a few Sheffield Park garden photographs with you.


The bluebells are past their best now.
But where there was a carpet of them, the blue still looked good.














I like tree bark and lichen - such wonderful textures.
I do like to touch trees.
No I am not a tree hugger! Not quite.
But I do like to think that some of the energy and strength of a tree can filter through its bark to me.
















This is the base of a Californian redwood that I always have to touch.



















They are big!
But I haven't got around to looking up the name.




















Unfurling ferns.

Pleased with this picture.

















Mother moorhen and baby amongst the lily pads.










Pink and red.













Quack, quack!
Oh yes, he knows he is beautiful.




































I always like to see flowers with a good contrasting background.



















Gnarled old tree trunk.