Thursday, May 17, 2012

 

Day out in Chichester.

We have been south again.
We were buying at Ford by 8 o'clock. Pleased with my finds. I'll photograph some tomorrow.
Breakfast in Littlehampton. It was mighty draughty by the river.
We decided to go to Chichester again.
We had a wander and a good time.

This is by the river in Littlehampton.

I loved the colours - ginger against the blue.


















Part of the original city wall at Chichester.

We walked up there for a short distance.













We walked across Priory Park.
The original Priory church remains - despite the efforts of Henry VIII.
It became The Guildhall.
This is the Priory Park Lodge Cottage.










Must have been a grand Chichester house, once upon a time.
Look closely at the windows and you may see that this is not now a dwelling, but a shop.

















It may be a shop - but not for the likes of me!



















I did buy something in a shop quite close by - a charity shop!
But on this occasion I bought something new.
I now own a fascinator!


The building has long been a bank - but now it is a branch of Nat West.

And look who is over seeing the banking!







Makes me think of Oliver Hardy ......."Now that's another fine mess you got me in!"



















Window in an art gallery.

We had a lovely time. The artist's wife chatted to us as if we were old friends.

The artist is Graham Brock and I really liked his work.















Graham Brock had some favourite themes.
The sea and water was a favourite topic.
Alongside the pictures were his notebooks for us to look through.
He also had pictures of ballerinas, motor bikes, horse racing.
Also Venice.
















I have never been to Venice. Bill has.
I loved this picture.
He titled it The Green Door.
I loved the colours and the reflections.
















Oh, this could almost be a painting done from a photograph of mine.
Imagine Littlehampton, the river, on a sunny day.


















Back to the reflections theme.




















Chichester is the home of Shippam's paste.

Older people will, I am sure, remember tucking into Shippam's paste sandwiches (with cucumber).











This evening we are going to the theatre. We are looking forward to a laugh, led by our nephew at The Barn Theatre.
He is playing the prat that is the manager of Maplin's Holiday Camp.
So, its Hi de Hi to you all.