Monday, May 07, 2012

 

Alison and the Hokey Cokey and the Opera House.

Holiday Monday....a lazy start to the day.
Later, with a little optimism, we set off for a car boot sale at Paddock Wood. Would it be mis-placed optimism? The weather forecast suggested rain would begin at 1 o'clock.
And indeed it did - but it stopped again soon after.
The car boot sale was big enough, I suppose.
There were moments when it felt like it would be a waste of time.
But in the end we found the few stalls that could supply us with a few things of interest.
I have 3 things to sell, some chutney, a dress, and a book. Buying the book was odd. The label on the box of books said that 3 books would be £1. But I only wanted one - a Catherine Alliott that I don't have. "How much?" I asked........"20p" was the reply.
Ashley bought some books, CDS, DVDs, a puzzle that is very expensive new (over £20) and a treble recorder - all for just over £7.
The puzzle was one he wanted a lot - Tantrix.
It was too early to meet up with my cousin - she had been out for the morning - so we went to Tunbridge Wells to get something to eat.
We had tried Paddock Wood - but after 2 o'clock on a Bank Holiday Monday was not a good time.
We ate in The Opera House.

I love the atmosphere of the place - so much history.



















Then we went back to Paddock Wood and had a lovely time with Alison, drinking tea and eating peanut and oat cookies, made by Caroline. (A's niece).
Whilst she had been out in the morning with a friend she had bought a sign for her kitchen.
Such fun!




The more I look at this, the more I have a feeling about looking into a mirror.
And a feeling of looking back into the past.
There is such a strong likeness in this picture of me and my mother - I think.
And what about that deep, philosophical question?
It needs some time for deep reflection.

The journey home was delightful. The rain had not returned and the early evening sky was blue.
The light on the green and yellow fields was beautiful.