Monday, April 30, 2012

 

Pilgrims Antiques Centre.

The sun has shone - a most welcome break in the wet weather.
People have been in and out of Pilgrims Antiques Centre and things have been bought.
Huh! Nothing of mine bought......and after some real thought and hard work on my part.
I am tired now - legs ache, back aches and shoulders ache; but all in a good cause I think.



This is what you see when you get to the back of the shop - my section.
A locking cabinet now stands in front of the window and the glass shelves have moved to the end of the wooden shelves.




























There's the cabinet amongst my other shelves - everything has been moved today.




































Fabulous 1960s table.....looking towards the kitchen shelves.

I got close to selling the table today. The woman loved it.
But she already has a table which fits her room and lifestyle - though she did begin to wonder about changing things.
Maybe she will be back.

You are seeing it the wrong way up.
From the other side it seems more obvious that the artwork depicts a flower and a butterfly.








The old shelves now hold what I tend to describe as my "pretty" things.

Beyond them are the toy shelves.....mostly toys for toddlers or young girls.

( I do feel a trifle ashamed for such a sexist approach!)














The 1950s and 1960s.

















 Here I go again.......this is the section for the men and boys!


























Me and my world.









This is part of Monika's section. There had been cabinets here. But now there is furniture.
My cabinet came from Monika.
She still has 2 cabinets.



Bill and his section.































Bill and his truncheon.
He has 2 of them, which he took into the shop today.

















And now for an early night.
With rain beating on the windows once again.