Monday, April 23, 2012

 

Monday - not much of a day.

Monday - didn't enjoy it much.
Could have been worse though.
I didn't burn the house down!
This morning I put a plastic storage box on the cooker - to fill it. I knocked one of the knobs onto full power.
I filled the box and then began to do something else.
Suddenly I saw (and could smell) nasty foul smelling smoke.
Melted plastic all over the cooker. I grabbed the box and plonked it down on the floor mat - plastic all over the mat.

The rain was with us as we drove off to  Dorking.
It rained all day.
It really was not the sort of day to go out antiques hunting - I expected a poor day.
I like to be right (don't we all?) - but on this occasion I would have loved to be wrong.
The sales sheet remained very stubbornly empty.
Until the last 5 minutes before closing.
Three French people came and bought one crystal glass rose bowl.

Back home, I got some food ready.
But I am not feeling good. I can add bad headaches to my list of side effects of alendronic acid.
I don't know if it is the tablets that are causing my problems.
I think I shall take my normal dose this week and see if I get a surge of problems, as I did last week.
Next week I shall see a doctor.

There will be more Newcastle pictures tomorrow.
Yes  - tomorrow is another day.