Sunday, May 06, 2012

 

Ashley and his powers of influence.

Crazy!
That's this family for you.
Alarm rings at 6 o'clock....creep from bed, peer though the curtains, think "bother - it's raining!"
So, what to do?
Obvious really - get up and go to a car boot sale.
It didn't seem so much rain at first - but it hammered down on the car as we drove to Dorking.
Crazy!
We surely wouldn't have gone if Ashley had not been with us and eager to see what was about.
And then we were wandering amongst the stalls- less than normal, of course. And somehow we forgot that it was raining. It had eased a lot by then.
I found some things for selling.
One of the things was the twin to the Max Factor cat with perfume, that I illustrated during the week.
The one I put on EBay has a bid.
This one doesn't have Primitif perfume - it has Exotique!
We were happy with some hunting and buying.
We drove home via Horley.....the car boot sale where we rarely find things. It was hard to find any stalls this morning....and none had anything worthwhile.
But The Jack Fairman (Wetherspoons) had worthwhile things on offer and the 3 of us spent a happy hour or so eating breakfast and chatting about life, the universe and everything.
It was still raining when we finally drove home.

Later we were out again.
We went to buy tickets for 7 of the clan to see Hi - Di - Hi at The Barn Theatre. That will be the week after next - and now starring our nephew.
Then we went to have a cup of tea with Jenny and Mike, who live close by.

During the afternoon I created a huge and  tasty (as we found later) shepherd's pie, using the left over lamb from yesterday and many minced vegetables.
I used some good dollops of Heinz ketchup - one of their limited edition issues, with Indian spices.
We can have some more tomorrow, or the next day.

And I bullied my son! He either refuses or plays up when I want to take photographs.....makes him sound like a 2 year old doesn't it?
He seemed to relent (sort of) and then encouraged me to tag the 2 I put on facebook so that his friends would be able to see them too.
So maybe he accepts that the photos are not bad. I have 8 good ones - but these are the 2 that his father I liked the best.





Ashley made the fabric necklace himself at the Newcastle makers' Fair last year.

Tomorrow we will go to another boot sale - no rain tomorrow, surely!
This one will be at Paddock wood - quite a distance away really; but few are on at the moment.
I have phoned up and was told that this one will not be cancelled - indeed they were up and running today.
I must now phone my cousin to see if she will be at home.