Friday, May 04, 2012

 

Dancing in the Rain

Put simply - I feel cross.
Frustratingly angry!
Yesterday I was seeing how Julie was not coping well with life as she wants it to be being taken away from her.
Today I feel it is happening to me too.
No, no - I am not ill.
It is raining! Worse than that, it will be raining tomorrow morning.
Saturday morning!
I saw myself at Ford - finding all sorts of exciting things.
I saw myself in the farm shop, buying beef and ginger sausages.
I saw myself by the river, eating breakfast and enjoying the river atmosphere.
Bother! Flibbertigibbet! Or, as my niece put it yesterday "badger's scrotum"!
Good - something to make me smile.
I must learn from this quote - one of the few that people on facebook like to share with their friends, that I felt was worthy of keeping.






















Tomorrow there shall be some metaphorical dancing in the rain.


































You do know, of course, that I realise that I am feeling cross about something so very trivial.
It is just a minor blip in my routine not to be able to do what I want tomorrow.
For others it is not so minor.
For others it can be a very major life threatening thing that obstructs their freedom to live and be as they choose.
I learned today that a friend has been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer.
There is a life turned upside down.
A life that will be ruled by a physical illness and its treatment for some time to come.
A time of fear, uncertainty and suffering whilst attempting to dance in the rain of her life.
Perhaps that is where my anger today springs from.
I know that fear and uncertainty and suffering.....long in the past, tucked away from my happy world, until a time like now.
Good luck and good wishes to all who are coping with life not being just what they want it to be.