Friday, May 18, 2012

 

A new toy.

Strange! I have been feeling a bit run down, with headaches for a little while. Just one of those things.
But yesterday I realised my B12 injection was a month overdue.
Now I feel even more run down.
I get the injection next Thursday.
We went out this morning full of optimism for an interesting time.
A World Village Market had been advertised for these few days in Queen's Square. I looked up this organisation on a web site. It seemed there would be interesting stalls of foods and crafts, craft demonstrations, music and dancing.
We found just a few stalls on a grey day. Very disappointing.
I had planned to take photographs - and I did so.
I think it shows how much any news report can avoid the truth, without lying. They say the camera never lies - but my pictures only tell a small fraction of the truth.


Tempting!








































































































































]








I don't know if the fault for the failure was down to the event organisers or that Crawley folk could never inspire people to come and sell to them or entertain them.

Talking of being entertained - we truly were yesterday evening at The Barn Theatre.
There were 7 of us Monk family members in the audience to enjoy Hi De Hi - based on the comedy set in the world of a make believe holiday camp.
The cast played the characters from that TV series. Welsh Gladys Pugh was brilliant, as was chalet maid, Peggy.
They were all good and had us laughing, giggling at double entendres and shouting back Ho De Ho all through the evening.
Our nephew had only taken on the role of Entertainments Manager a couple of weeks ago. He learned it well and delivered with style.

But, let us return to the town centre.
I suppose people tend to call it retail therapy. I was feeling run down and disappointed and so I went shopping.
I have been planning to get a cheap little camera that can be carried easily in my handbag at all times.
Today was the day!
Except that it wasn't that cheap.
I realised that a cheap one really would only be used in emergencies.
I wanted one that would do all the things my trusty Canon will do.
I now have a Lumix TZ 8, with a Leica lens. It is amazing - the only thing I have against it is that it doesn't look or feel like a "proper" camera.
I took a couple of pictures this afternoon -  I like the results.





Don't like the subject! A wet dismal afternoon.


I love this subject, though.




















No, I didn't buy a radio yesterday at Ford.

It is a tin - a lunchbox tin.
It is so retro and I know I can sell it in the shop.