Tuesday, December 20, 2011

 

Shopkeeping again for us.

For Bill and I, today has been very much like yesterday. It was a busy day at the shop; we have taken more money than on any day that I have been on duty before.
The company was different, of course. Today we have worked with Stephen and Clive. It has been very pleasant.
Clive is a lovely character - if money is to be made out of a project , he will have a go. He manages Wimbledon market and has stalls there. He sells in 2 antiques centres. He wheels and deals in all sorts of things. And he loves and collects all manner of things too.
That was our day.

For, our very good friend Jo, today has been like no other day.
Today she became a widow.
Peter, such a quiet and mild mannered man, died this morning.
His heart has been failing for some years. Today his heart failed completely.
In many ways Jo has rehearsed this day many times in her mind....and yet today she is in shock. Somehow we never quite believe that the inevitable will happen.
Jo is strong and loving and much loved in return; she will have the love of her 4 daughters, many grand children and some great grandchildren too. I just hope she doesn't put too much energy into the younger ones' need for support at this time. She needs her own time to come to terms with what has happened.

In a different way, Bill and I need some time too. We need some time to relax and fight off the bugs. I have felt pretty good all day - but as darkness fell I realised how much energy levels had drained away and my throat was hurting.
I will drink my Lemsip and go to bed soon.