Wednesday, December 14, 2011

 

Reasons to be cheerful.

I don't often respond to "sillies", let alone pass them on.
It is not really fair to call them "sillies" because somebody else (family or friend) has obviously thought it worthwhile to send on or post on facebook.
We coined that name for jokes and fun things ages and ages ago - in the early days of being regular emailers; that would be 10 years ago or more.
But today I will share with you a "silly"....because it's not silly!

I like the thought and the artist has created somebody to think it who reminds me of myself!















Talking of artists reminds me of another who I have been in touch with this year - another Paula.
Paula Oakley, of Sussex, is very successful - selling many of her pictures.


It seems it was only last week that she outlined the first sketches for this picture.
Today she shared with us the news that it has sold already.













Another work of art arrived at our house today. My old school friend, Margaret (Mags) is a crafter of great skill.
She delivered what I know is a lovely necklace in a beautiful box. I haven't opened it yet because I want to photograph the box in daylight.
I feel very blessed.

And I am happy that most of my Christmas greetings - cards and messages are out of the way.
Basically if you (family and friends) haven't received a card or an email on the subject, then you can expect a little something.....or even quite a large something for some.
I hope recipients of the email will forgive me my error. I attached a photo of Bill and me, one of Jamie's photos. I forgot to reduce it in size!














I am also happy about the outcome of Bill's visit to the doctor. I assumed (hoped) that it was only ever a precautionary appointment. I spotted a flaky mole on his back. Dr O said it was sign of growing older and no more than that.

So, I have many things to be happy about. And just like the "silly" said - we need very little to create a happy life.
What I don't need is the stress of expectations.
But I am through that.
Normal life can resume.