Monday, December 12, 2011

 

Busy little Pilgrims.

No pictures!
There has been little time for photography today at Pilgrims.
Sales have been very good and chatting with customers has been interesting.
I also bought things....some more crested pieces for local places. I still have the ones I bought from this lady a couple of weks ago, in a box on the dining room table.
We also bought from a Russian young man.
His story, and he seemed genuine and very pleasant, is that he is studying for a degree in Family Pyschology in Russia. He is having 2 months in the UK to learn another perspective of families....we asked if he had watched the Jeremy Kyle show! And he had!
He was selling trifles to boost his funds. Painted lacquered brooches, nesting dolls, hand painted key rings etc. He told us about which parts of Russia different styles come from.
I will put the lovely nesting dolls out for sale.
One of the brooches will go to Bill's sister, who was 60 yesterday - and we forgot to post a card.
Bothe Bill and I sold today - just cheap things.
But people don't just want cheap things, they want attractive things of good quality.
In my world drinking glasses are just drinking glasses. But in our customer's world whiskey glasses come at £10 each.
In my world you pick up ice cubes for your drinks with your fingers! A customer was looking for tongs to serve ice from their silver ice bucket.
We have worked hard.
I have not yet even looked inside my envelopes to see exactly what I have sold this week.
I didn't get out of the shop all day.
And as the  weather now gets wilder and windier once again - outdoors becomes not a place to be.
I should have gone to the post office - but a customer told me that they were not weighing parcels as the system had crashed.
I have the exact weight marked very clearly on each parcel - but the Dorking counter staff wouldn't feel able to accept my word.
Sandra at our local post office counter would have done. She'll get them tomorrow now.