Sunday, November 13, 2011

 

Past, present and future.

November?
It doesn't feel like it - well, not today anyway.
Very mild.
I asked Bill if he wanted to go to any of the Remembrance Day parades. I might well have liked to - never been to the one in our home town.
In fact it is not something we would ever have considered in times past. We did attend the one in Chichester a few years back - just because we were there.
I think Bill tends to think that life as it was was good enough, so why change habits?

Instead we spent some time with loved ones very much alive.
We visited Ruth, Felix and Otto.
The boys' father will arrive from Madagascar on Wednesday - maybe their excitement and nervousness creates a desire to run around madly!
Dede will be greeted by work to do.
The entire house is in a state of flux as vital maintenance work is done, which leads to desires to improve all sorts of things and the decor.
Dede will be glad of something to do.

I brought home another box of early family mementos - more school reports, more letters and misc items.
Quite revealing!
I have actually looked at very little as yet.
I did find this admirable comment on my brother Robin's school report for French...."Amiable enough, but quite lost"

I have prepared things for the shop.


I don't know when the Italian sundae glasses were made - recently, I suspect.
I just thought they were very stylish in a kitsch sort of way.
The chrome dishes with little legs are very 50s/60s.

I have also spent some time sorting photos. I planned many months ago to create an album of my favourite photographs and have begun that.
I have completed the 1st 4 months of the year and have printed just 36 pictures.
But I decided to create another new album with the best of photos of people - family and friends.....and us.
I am enjoying it.

I also enjoyed spending a while delving into my brief encounter of yesterday.
I now know her name - can't say I know much more about her, because she was very fulsome with details of her life.
I wonder if we will meet again.

Well, after a roast dinner and red wine I am surprised that I haven't been sleeping on the sofa, but I shall relish an early night.