Tuesday, November 08, 2011

 

Feel like hibernating.

It has been one of those days where I wanted to hibernate.
So grey and dismal outdoors - not that I experienced it at all. I don't think I have set foot outside the house.
But I have worked.
It took quite a supreme effort to get some things listed on EBay. It has been about 3 months without any EBay activity.
Once I have started I know I shall be able to continue and start to be excited about it.
I already have some watchers on things.

This is a mauchline ware egg.
Small decorative and useful boxes and other shapes were made from sycamore wood in the small town of Mauchline (Mocklin) in Scotland.
They had transfers of places and were amongst the earliest of souvenirs people could buy from holiday resorts and places of interest.

They are very much collected.
Other mauchline ware items on EBay have higher starting bids than mine.



The egg, which opens to make a case for pins and needles, perhaps, now has 4 watchers.

There was good news today from the Paralympics. I now know the dates and venues for the tickets we have got.
We will go to the Olympic main stadium twice for athletics and once to the velodrome.
And one of those days we have a day pass to explore all sorts of things in the Olympic Park.
I am very satisfied with this - I shall see the venues I really wanted to see and will at least have been to an Olympic Games.
Compared with the main Olympics, the prices are very cheap for tickets.
We have paid £40 for our tickets on these 4 occasions.

I shall have an early night I think - I have a good book to read. It is by the Canadian author Mary Lawson.
Crow Lake is her first novel.
I shall have to look out for the only other one she has written to date.

They say the weather will improve later in the week. I am looking forward to getting out and seeing and doing things.

PS An hour later - the mauchline egg has 5 watchers and 2 bids. I am hoping that bidding will go up lots more.