Monday, November 07, 2011

 

A couple of my regulars.

Ooh quite weary!
Yawning!
I felt quite busy in the shop today.
As usual, Iris came in quite early. Oh no - she does tend to bring me unsuitable things that she hopes I will buy from her. Having said that - I have actually sold quite a few of the things; but they were things that didn't really excite me.
So what would she have for me today?
I was anxious because we glimpsed her yesterday - maybe buying for me.
We had called in at the Dorking car boot sale on our way to Woking. It used to be so good.
Yesterday the number of stalls was very low and there was nothing I wanted to buy. It has gone down hill rapidly since stall charges were put up and general market traders, with tat, were welcomed.
Had Iris found something that I had missed?
No she hadn't.
But she did have something for me - a plastic tub of home made mince pies.
These were my first of the festive season.
How sweet of her.

I arranged new stock on the shelves.
My decoupaged jug has been admired by Monika and others.
I sold a couple of things of mine today. One was to Chris - "you remember Chris, don't you?"
Those are always his first words "You remember me, don't you?"
And he has other standard comments and questions.
Poor Chris has mental health problems.
Today he was dithering between a £1 Ladybird book and a £2 Picture Puffin book - both about maps. Both mine.
He wanted to know which would be rarer.
I told him that the Picture Puffin would be rarer - older and flimsier.
Within minutes he had asked again and again.
Things have to be black and white with Chris; it's no good saying that something is "quite" rare.
So finally I told him it was rare......why would that be he asked again.
He bought the Picture Puffin.

My other sale was a set of 1930s cigarette cards.
So, not a brilliant day for sales. But the week has been very good.
And Monika had a good day today.
"Thank goodness" she said "Now I have some money in my purse to go out buying"

Time for a drink - cup of tea drink.