Sunday, October 30, 2011

 

Time on Sunday to get things done.

What a long day!
How many of us in the UK woke up too early this morning?
And in the south east we woke to find a really murky day - damp and dismal; though even today the golden leaves did their best to glow.

We have used the day to continue with Thai photographs. I am loving it - Bill maybe is feeling it is all a chore.
I have now sorted 722 photos.
I have about 9 sections to go.
I have also started to print pages for my album and I am so pleased with it.
I am trying to limit the amount of photos quite a lot, and yet still tell all the stories.

I haven't sorted out yesterday's purchases. I think I'll do some in the shop during the day tomorrow.

The suitcase is  a child evacuee's suitcase, dated 1939.
The cylindrical glass vase in the centre is from a famous glass works on the Isle of Wight. Much sought after.
I had hoped to get some West German pottery vases. Thelarge orange one can go to the shop tomorrow.
And I bought little things - like the waxed paper Christmas dishes, still in the original packaging. Just right for a 1950's sherry trifle!

Talking of puddings - I have another bread and butter pudding in the oven right now.