Wednesday, September 14, 2011

 

Wednesday - end of the track season and new beginnings.

What a beautiful rising moon this evening - huge and deep orange.
We saw it above the athletics track.
We were there on this fairly chilly evening to timekeep for the club 5K championship.
There were 26 runners of very varied standards - keeping a lap chart proved quite difficult.
But the group of us got the finishers in the right order and they all had done the required number of laps and they all had a time.
We bought a portion of chips to share with a cuppa when we got home.

This morning I had my hair cut. Rob, my hairdresser, must have had a gap after me - which he filled with talking. I realise that I am a good ear for him. His partner has all sorts of health problems, including a stoma. Rob is happy that, obviously, such things do not embarrass me. At the moment his partner is in Buckland ward - where I spent quite a bit of time almost 4 years ago.
It is a good hair cut, by the way.

Bill has plodded on, restoring things to his computer. I think it is mostly done.

I end with a couple of photos sent today.
They are "first day at school" pictures.

Our nephew's school is The Discovery School....and he loved it.





























Felix must have been aware that Otto found it hard being without his big brother at the childminder's yesterday.
Apparently when the brothers parted today, Felix reassured Otto with "I will miss you Otto."
Then he explained how at the end of the day Otto could tell him what he had done at the childminder's and Felix could tell him what school was like.
Then he waved to his brother and called "I love you Otto".
It brings a lump to the throat doesn't it?