Tuesday, September 13, 2011

 

Diary of the day and pictures from Pilgrim's Antiques.

It has been a day of several small episodes.

My first was to visit the doctor.
As I drove there I did wonder if it would be a waste of time.
But decided that it can never be a waste of time to be told there are no particular problems at the moment. My parathyroid glands are behaving well!

Bill's computer - the original one we got over 10 years ago has not been behaving well.
He collected it from Crawley Computers today with the original hard drive wiped and gone.
His second hard drive is the only one now.
Many of the programmes and activities on the original hard drive are not on the second one.
So, Bill is now beginning the task of sorting it.
I mused earlier that maybe the ominous silence was worse than the mutterings and huffings and puffings of frustration as things didn't go quite right.

I spent a while this afternoon on the phone. I was talking with old friend Lyn. At one time we spent a lot of time together on timekeeping steps; but she and her husband seemed to suddenly burn themselves out and all enthusiasm had gone - so we meet no more. "After Thailand" we must put that right.

Later we went to see our two young nephews - one had a 3rd birthday on Sunday and the other has his first day at school tomorrow.
He is part of the free school experiment.
It maybe isn't really right that money is put into these schools with better facilities and pupil/staff ratios - money that could be used to improve main stream schooling.
But I do know that had such a school existed I would have been very much for my boys being part of it.
Good luck to the new school and all the new pupils.

And now I will sahre with you the fresh re-arrangement of my section at Pilgrims Antiques.


General view, as seen by the customers as they reach the end of the shop.





























Mostly 1950s and 1960s. The musician ornaments are from the USSR.


















The next pictures show how I came to be moving everything around again.
I decided to combine the pretty feminine stuff with the children's toys and books and call it the Mother and Child section.




































































The kitchen area had to be squeezed into a smaller space than before.

View of my section from the back door.

Labels: