Thursday, August 18, 2011

 

A Thursday Dorking Day

Thursdays are not like Mondays......the days in the shop have different feelings about them.
On Monday we sometimes feel we are leant on a bit too much, but I, at any rate, feel very comfortable.
When we help on Thursday I tend to feel like I am walking on egg shells - trying to make sure how Jill likes things done.
She is a lovely person and I get on pretty well with her, but she is a stickler for her rules and is very protective of the shop - having been in it longer than the rest of the dealers.
I think she would have been pleased that I spent a lot of time working on my own at the back of the shop.
She likes to think that customers are being watched.
The task I set myself today was to go through my stock file and reduce the prices of everything I have had for a year or more.
I don't like to cross out old prices and write on a new price - that would seem to convey to a potential customer that nobody has wanted it. So I make new labels for all reductions.
It's not really hard work, but today I have felt tired and muzzy headed.
I finished off by taking a few pictures of my section.

A general view from the back door.


























Now looking towards the back door.




























A section to interest the men.


























The nursery and the kitchen.



























China and glass of all sorts.



























Life is good there and sales continue - selling something each day, pretty well.

Today has felt really quite chilly - are we almost at the end of the summer?
Surely the next month will bring us more sunshine.
There was rain today - but nothing like that which Bournemouth to the west of her received.

Labels: