Friday, August 12, 2011

 

Grandma P fights back

Well done, Grandma!
Grandma P started a sort of fight back today.

I haven't done so very much. I bless my man who has kept things organised.
This morning I went through my wardrobe.
There were too many shoes. I buy shoes, thinking they will be comfortable. Often they turn out to be crippling.
My wide foot, high instep and the neuropathy in my toes make close fitting neat shoes a nightmare.
Summer is good, when I can wear sandals - and I have found some good ones at car boot sales this summer.
Winter is OK, too when I can wear my big, wide suede boots.
It is pointless holding on to too many pairs of shoes that I would never consider wearing - some have me crippled before I have reached the car parked outside the house!
I also discarded some clothes that didn't turn out to be right for me - all from car boot sales.
This afternoon we took it all to the hospice shop.

Then we did a little food shopping. I had not intended to buy much for the freezer is pretty well full. But the sell by date bay was undergoing a double reduction session. How could I refuse 2 chicken breasts in lime and coriander sauce for £1.62? Got a few other similar bargains.

When we left Asda, Bill wondered if we should visit his sister, Jane.
I have not really wanted to be very sociable.
But I agreed and we enjoyed a cup of tea with Jane and Geoff and a good chat. Jane beats me in the medical grumbles stakes!

I didn't mean to suggest that Jane - or me - spend much time grumbling about health. It is just that we both have more than we want to report about our health situations. And I don't think Jane gets stages when she could say she feels really well - and at least I was feeling that until recently.


Before I go I want to share a couple of pictures of Jessica. They came through from Mam this week. She also sent a filmlet of John and his class dancing and singing, but it's on its side!




























































I have done an extra blog again today. This time with photos taken at Ightham Mote.
Scroll down to find them.

I feel tired now, of course. Tomorrow we will be at an athletics match and maybe I will be chief timekeeper.