Tuesday, August 09, 2011

 

Still seizing the day.

Grandma P will get back to regular blogging again tomorrow - providing I am awake.
All the ups and downs of my body in the last couple of weeks have exhausted me - think I could sleep on my feet sometimes!
Today we have been to Godstone Farm. Ecky has very good memories of the place, but maybe today realised that Godstone Farm goes on the list of things she has grown out of.
It was sunny.
Lovely moment though, when something I had half thought of turned into reality.
I had wondered if there would be time to go and see Michaela (my niece).
Suddenly, there was Michaela walking up the slope to where we were sitting. She had seen Ecky, playing in the sandpit - although they have never met! Blogging and facebook pictures can stick in the memory obviously.
So Ecky has met another group of relations - including her second cousins Robert and George.
Yesterday was shop day. I felt low - didn't move around much. Was able to be busy when I had to be. A couple of American women came in and in a matter of seconds, it seems, had 7 decanters and other glass on the counter. They were preparing a photo shoot at a house in Cobham and were collecting accessories. Bill said they had all sorts in the back of their car - mirrors, lamps etc.
I was quiet on Sunday - didn't go to a car boot sale with the others.
Tomorrow Ashley and Ecky leave. I think they are ready to pick up the pieces of lives once again - they are only at the very start of the Newcastle chapter and there is much to do and explore.
I'll get some pictures done.
When I am on the computer, Ecky is hovering - hoping I will be finished very soon.
Ready for bed soon. Last night was disturbed by the police helicopter...."Oh no" I thought "It hasn't all kicked off in Crawley has it?"
Seems it is Manchester's turn tonight.
What can we do about these worthless people who know they are worthless and have nothing to offer?