Sunday, July 24, 2011

 

Yesterday and today

Boot sale at Epsom this morning - nice and warm.
Bought lots to take to Thailand for children.
We also bought a second hand luggage trolley - for Bill to use. My £2 one is just a bit better quality than his £5 one - but £7 for two good trolleys is excellent value.
Breakfast in The Assembley Rooms at Epsom - Wetherspoon's.
Back via Crawley Asda to pick up supplies for the morrow. Asda's are the provider of the "fatted calf" these days as we seek to make sure we have things needed for the return of a son and a grand daughter.
This morning highlights a personal achievement for me - my complete and utter relaxation about a bag leak.
During the first year or so I would panic and believe that it must be dealt with immediately, and often the pressure would lead to failure.
Now I reckon to catch it early and make sure the bag is kept empty - an empty bag can't leak. Then I carry on as normal - apart from visiting the loo as frequently as possible.
Breakfast, travelling home and shopping continued despite knowing that the situation was delicate.
Then home to rest....and how we needed it.
But then Bill set to work making up beds and hoovering. I dealt with some payments and tidied my purchases.
Bill saw the Grand Prix - a British winner today. Then we saw the last stage of the cycling - with another British winner today.
How's the cricket going? I must check.

I have been through about half the photos that I took at George's party.
Michaela will get them all.
Here are a few for family to enjoy.



Charlie and the football.