Saturday, July 23, 2011

 

George's Party

We have been to a birthday party.
It was lovely.
The birthday boy was our great nephew, George - now 1 year old.
The party was held at the home of Ann and Steve - Ann is my sister in law. The weather was lovely and we were able to be in their wonderful garden. This was ideal for all the young children, who played on the bouncy castle, the trampoline and lots of other toys - and were running down to the woods.
The barbecue was magnificent.
The cakes were works of art - I took lots of photos of cakes.
Indeed I took lots of photos - over 100.
Here are a few. I may put a few others on tomorrow, so as to share with family.






























This is the birthday boy. We were all thinking that he has the looks of his grandfather, my brother Robin, who would now be 64 and would have been so proud.

Now a couple of family groups - I just couldn't decide which one I liked best.





























Clive holds George, and Michaela, our niece, has an arm round Robert.





























This is the best.....I love it!

I also loved the cakes.... I think I said that already!
They were made by Ann - fantastic!





























My cup cake had syrup at the base - and was just as described on the label.

As you see I didn't just have a cup cake!
I resisted a few things - but wanted to try as much as I could.
I don't expect any sympathy for my fragile gut! It was a calculated risk and I will not regret it.


Bill had a plate full of cake too - we all did!



























Charlie - another great nephew.
Not Boris Johnson as his uncle suggested!























Felix and Otto are nephews - half nephews?
My half sister, Ruth is their mother.
They loved the bubble machine.

There is another birthday tomorrow.  The party was also today. How I would have loved to be there with Jessica in Thailand, now 10 years old. I'll put some of her birthday pictures on tomorrow.