Tuesday, July 19, 2011

 

Oh where, oh where has my bone scan gone?

Lovely - a much more lazy day!
Though there are not enough ticks on my things to do list.

The day began for me with some confusion. Somebody at the doctor's is trying to find the results of my bone scan.
She rang me a couple of times - the second time was to tell me that I hadn't been to the clinic on the day of the scan and that no bone scans were done on that day!
She asked me to ring the clinic - because they would have given the results directly to me - if I had had a scan!
Who is loosing their marbles here?
I rang and found myself talking to the receptionist at the natural health centre  in Three Bridges, where Bill goes to see an osteopath. They can do bone scans there.
But it is not where I had the scan!
I have talked again to the woman at our doctor's and told her where I went and gave her the phone number.
It is the Three Bridges Medical Centre - a normal NHS doctor's practice who employ somebody to do bone scans.
I have left it with her.
One day I'll find out if I have any potential problems. Maybe it will have to be done again.
I think I will leave it until later in the week to find out results of the recent 2 urine tests!

This morning we had the TV fixed - no longer does it have 2 red vertical lines down the screen.
It has a brand new screen.
When we bought the TV, Bill was sucked in to get additional insurance. I was fuming inside as he did this!
It turned out to be worthwhile!

I began the task of clearing the dining room table.
But other tasks got in the way - like peeling the potatoes.
From one end of the kitchen I looked back at the table and was entranced by 2 of my Sunday purchases at the A3 car boot sale, catching the sunshine.

























That's my stock file - with a 4 leafed clover. Actually there are 2 of them.

This afternoon there were chores away from home. The Southgate Post Office had a systems failure and was closed - so we had to drive to another PO.
Medications were collected, bread and other bits were bought and I thought we were going to refuel the car. But Bill didn't want to join a queue.

I will just share with you a little of yesterday in the shop.
I am disappointed with the smiling picture of Julie - I was just too close and I didn't want her to know I was taking her picture. Its rather too soft focus.


I rearranged my red area to include last week's treasure - the Murano glass man.
It was fascinating that the clear glass head picked up reflections of light and other objects, and no matter where you view it from it looks like a face.


The News of the World Scandal is turning into a tragedy/comedy drama.
Sadly the whistle blower man from the paper is dead - coincidence or conspiracy?
And then today Rupert Murdoch was attacked with a shaving foam pie whilst in Parliament. His wife was pretty nifty at stepping in to defend her man!
It does surprise me that suddenly everybody is outraged about Rupert Murdoch!
Didn't everybody know?
I knew that I wouldn't trust him and I wouldn't buy his newspapers or his TV channels.

By the way, if you find this blog layout is muddled on your screen try viewing it at 75%. My screen is very wide and it doesn't come up so well on smaller screens.