Monday, August 01, 2011

 

Coping

Life has felt quiet in the shop.
Julie didn't arrive and Monika had to leave mid morning.
Bill and I coped on our own.
My legs have felt bad today - they seem to hurt from top to foot - the scars of all that cramp the other night.
Sales were nothing like last week - but both Bill and I sold.
There were some interesting people in. Somebody had a coin he wanted to sell. It was certainly very old. Somebody had suggested that the king depicted was Henry VIII, but I wondered if it was earlier.
I did a quick pencil rubbing of both sides.
I have done a very brief google search - why didn't the young man do the same, I wonder?
But I feel weary - still fragile. I should be in bed.
We are trying to plan things to do with Ashley and Ecky.
Brighton tomorrrow.
Isle of Wight on Wednesday. We are taking Bill's sister Pam too. She will enjoy a day out. Later in the day we will visit Bill's sister Rosalyn and meet up with our niece, Emma for the first time since her wedding (10 years ago?) Our 2 great nephews (Jack and Harry) will be there too - and we have never met them.
I hope that Roger and Sue have a wonderful Ruby Wedding Anniversary holiday in Ireland - reliving their honeymoon!