Thursday, August 25, 2011

 

Thanks and apologies.

Many thanks and many apologies!

Thank you to all the many people who have sent splendid birthday wishes and cards.
And sorry - I shall be sharing our doings (the pictures on the blog) of the day tomorrow.
These days I tend to sort the photos and put them onto facebook first.
The evening has now crept away and I am tired.


The weather had changed our plans - torrential rain for a good while this morning.
I actually went and had my blood test done first thing.
Then we went to Worthing. We visited the museum and art gallery - which somehow failed to inspire us very much.
We had lunch in a Wetherspoon's pub - it was curry club day.
What a bargain - sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry with lovely rice poppadums, naan bread and mango chutney and a drink - all for £4.99.
Then we walked into the town and out onto the pier. Rather breezy - but not raining.
We stopped on the way back for a cup of tea in a disused church, which was lovely.
Then walked the side streets and back streets behind - and very lovely and interesting they were too.

There has also been sadness.
My friend Marion rang to wish me a happy birthday - and after ascertaining that I was fine and she was fine, I asked after her husband.
Definitely not fine. I had had my suspicions last time we were with them.
He has only a very few weeks - maybe months now to live.
This thought has been close to the surface of my being for much of the day.