Wednesday, August 24, 2011

 

Planning for future and looking into the past

It has taken a long time - but at last I have discussed the results of my bone scan with Dr. O.
Yes, my bones have lost density and structure and I now have 2 more lots of medication which will be taken for life.
As I predicted, I now have a form for a blood test to look again at parathyroid function, Vitamin D and calcium levels and also pancreatic function.
I will get this done on Friday.
The results will take about 2 weeks, so I hope to at least know and have some plans in place for future treatment before we go to Thailand.
And I had my B12 injection.
Dr O is envious of our future thrip to Thailand - he feels Thailand stands alone as being somewhere extra special and unique. And this from a man who has just returned from a holiday in Mexico.

After our shopping trip this morning, I was drawn to look at some of the family letters that Jenny passed to me yesterday.
I haven't begun to look at the suitcase full.
Most of these were written during my mother's final illness - some were written by me.
This is not a good place for me to be.
Suddenly I wanted no more of it.
I was so happy to return to the present - the past can be a difficult country to visit.
I do not belong in that past land.

I hope Roger and Sue have enjoyed their day out to celebrate her birthday.
The weather today has been better than we are promised for tomorrow, when we will go out to celebrate my birthday.
The plan is to go to Ford and then to Petworth. Petworth is full of up market antiques shops - too up market for me. We will visit Petworth House - hopefully there will be enough of a break in the rain to enjoy the grounds as well as the house.
We look forward to a good lunch too.