Monday, May 30, 2011

 

Pottering around with my parcels.

I was up plenty early enough to go to a bank holiday boot sale.
But I awoke tired after a disturbed night - a wee problem occurred!
And then I peered through the curtains to see the trees being tossed and buffeted in the wind, clouds scudding across the sky and a misty murk in the distance.
Did I want to go out and get cold?
No!
I fancied making a cup of tea and sinking back into my bed with my cuppa and crossword book.
Of course pangs of regret flitted across my mind - what was I missing?
But, on the whole, I did the wise thing.

I spent far too much time today, ambling through chores - EBay chores.
I have wrapped parcels, addressed parcels, accounted for payments and contacted the buyers.

This was my best seller this weekend..... a coronation mug for the coronation that never happened, designed by Dame Laura Knight.
I don't normally bother with much Royal stuff - it was the Laura Knight connection which attracted me.







The parcels are now in a bag ready to go to the post office tomorrow.

I washed my new trouser suit today. It fits just fine.
I looked up the name on the label and it seems I found a real bargain.
Gerry Weber is a German designer and his clothes sell for what I consider to be a high price. Trousers on their own sell for £80.
I paid £3 for the jacket and trousers.

This evening I watched the first semi final of Britain's got Talent - a right motley collection of performers who must think they have talent.
I missed the performance of the 12 year old boy - whose belief in himself might be justified; I had fallen asleep!

Bill has worked hard again today - the loft now has its extra insulation.
He kept appearing very red faced and sweating profusely and complaining of how hot it was.
Poor Bill!
There were times when I thought it was quite chilly.
Thank goodness, we are promised some heat for the end of the week.