Sunday, May 22, 2011

 

Sunday at home.

Disappointing!
Yes - 2 days of disappointment!
I woke up far too early, but lay there relishing the thought of getting up and going to explore the stalls at Pease Pottage.
At 6 o'clock the wind howled and rain beat hard against the window.
I decided it would be better to wait until the later car boot sale at Sayers Common, for the weather was due to improve.
So at about quarter to nine I took myself southwards - bypassing Pease pottage, now in full swing.
Got to Sayers Common to find they had cancelled because it was so windy!
I felt it was rather late to join the hordes at Pease Pottage - so went straight home.

Never mind - I got some work done.
I needed to polish rulers and photograph them.
They are now out there waiting for the ruler geeks to find them.
One of my coronation mugs got a bid within 5 minutes.
Coronation mugs are very common and I don't usually bother with them - unless they are attached to a particular place or unless they are by a particular maker.
The 2 I listed today are in the second category having been designed by Dame Laura Knight - a creme de la creme of coronation mugs.
I bought a George VI and an Edward VIII one yesterday at £5 each.
They are almost identical - after all why waste the ones first done for Edward just because he declined to be king?

We popped out to Asda at about half past one. This is the time to be there on a Sunday.
Somebody goes to the reduced bay and reduces things even further.
I picked up what I wanted and she sorted out a good price for me.
Tomorrow we will have Steak Diane. This is one of their best quality products and sells for £4.95. It had been reduced to £3 something and today I got it for £2.05.
That's tomorrows dinner after a day in the shop tomorrow sorted.

The other day I mentioned "locked in syndrome".
Pete and Jean know somebody who has been through it.
He knew everything that was going on but could not move, communicate or anything.
Pete explains.......He was so bad they said he was' vegetative' and unable to live without

the machines and they wanted to turn them off but his mother insisted
that they keep going and a heated debate took place at his bedside, all
the while he was silently screaming ' FOR F##s Sake LISTEN TO MY MOTHER !"
 Well she had her way and he woke up shortly after.

Now scroll down to see the exterior of Standen House and things we saw in the grounds - and Bill geneally enjoying his birthday.