Friday, May 20, 2011

 

Bill's birthday treat - and mine!

I'm sorry - this will be very short.
We have had a lovely day for Bill's birthday at Standen House.
The names of William Morris, William de Morgan etc are very familiar to me and it has been interesting to see how the wealthy Beale family used these people to create their home.
We took very many photos - indoors and out.
We were free to take photos of interiors, providing we didn't use flash.
Many have been sorted.
But it is getting late now and it is time for a cuppa and then bed.
I have already put photos of inside the house on facebook - but have run out of oomph now.
Some time tomorrow I will begin to put some photos here.
Shame that I am not doing so tonight, because this morning I told people who playe Boggle that there would be photos here.
I was chatting with a professional photographer from New Zealand who plays the word game.
Many would love a peek at her web site I think.
http://www.innerlight.net.nz/gallery.htm
Roger may have played against her - she calls herself 2 Cutie Pies from NZ.

We enjoyed a good lunch and a lovely walk round the grounds of Standen House too.

Tomorrow morning we will be up early to go to Ford, ever on the look out for a William de Morgan bowl that was not recognised by the seller!