Saturday, May 14, 2011

 

Two sorts of competition.

There were some good songs on the Eurovision Song Contest - but, in my opinion the winning song was not one of them.
Graham Norton was surprised to see the Italian song gaining votes, but it was amongst my favourites. It had my feet tapping along to the jazzy performance, so I am glad it came second.
The UK song was a good pop song, performed well - and got votes from almost all the 43 countries; but never enough votes.
As a country we are somewhat isolated; we are not part of a block of countries which stand together.
We are just as guilty of voting for the country we know and the singers we know. We gave our maximum points to Ireland.
Its a strange ritual, Eurovision, but good that 43 countries can unite together for an evening of fun.

The day itself has been fun. It was a long day, but very satisfying.
My team of timekeepers worked well together and everybody was happy.
I secretly think that I managed to impress Dennis, who I was working with; and he is far more experienced than me.
Tomorrow it will be my turn to relax a bit - just being part of the team. I don't mind being chief, but it does involve being up and down the steps hundreds of times (slight exaggeration!).
I got quite a bad cramp this evening.

Bedtime now. I want to be up early to go to the Pease Pottage boot sale in the morning before we go to the track.