Friday, May 27, 2011

 

Quiet day and art.

The day hasn't been as productive as I planned....there are still a few items on the Things to Do list.
But then I hadn't planned to go into town this morning or have Frieda here for a chat this afternoon.
The shopping list for town was small. I wanted leggings....again!
The ones I bought very recently were too big.
I still forget that I am slimmer and also always feel the need to have something big to disguise my wee problem!
They are OK - but a bit baggy in the leg.
I decided those bought before would do for winter, when I normally have layers of skirts over the top anyway.
I popped into M&S and found the size I really wanted.
Met my childhood next door neighbour there - Norma. We chatted a while.

This afternoon I thought I would be diligent and get some things photographed and described for EBay - but it didn't happen.
Frieda comes round and rambles.
Nothing wrong with rambling of course!

Somehow I didn't get going after that - I ended last night's blog with talk of the need for a rest day; so it is as well really that I had one.

The best thing about today is a new friend. I broke my flimsy rule about not befriending strangers on facebook.
It is a daft rule for me to have really because anybody can find my blog - and I always wanted to know about people who found it.
I now have  a friend called Paula - good name!
Paula is an artist, photographer and Sussex lover. She doesn't live very far away.
Here are 2 pictures that she has painted and sold this month.


This has been sold to a music school. Brilliant!

Peony in our front garden.





























Beautiful peonies.

Woe is me! I am lacking the manual dexterity for art of this kind; but at least feel glad that I have a good eye for photography.