Sunday, May 29, 2011

 

Fresh stock ready for sale.

This morning seems a long time ago - but the first couple of hours were my main activity of the day.
The Pease Pottage  car boot sale is not one of the best - seemingly row after row of young families clearing out children's clothes of toys.
My best buys of the day were probably those from the green grocery stall - big bowls of fruit and veg at £1 a time.
But I do have some other things which I hope will make a profit.
Here are a selection of things bought this weekend.


William Morris designed china trinket boxes - modern.




The Bonanza game can try its luck on EBay.



The art glass pitcher is very much my style of thing.
I like the colouring of The Royal Doulton figurine and she is probably something that will sell well. I have seen prices quoted for it at anywhere bewteen £100 and $270 dollars.



Some things for the nursery shelves.
The little Topsy doll is quite rare.
The barrels are still made, of course. But these date from the 1950s and are complete - even with the little Billy in the smallest barrel.












 


 Kitchen things and old wooden roofing tools (or so I was told).



 




Cigarette card albums from the 1930s.
They are not very valuable - worth more if the cards have not been stuck in an album.
But I like them and when I can buy complete books for £2 I am happy.


1930s or 1950s dressing table set in early plastic.

Yesterday we called in at a garage sale after our walk along the railway track.
We bought a number of things very cheaply - including these 3 large plant containers.

I have sorted out quite a lot of what I have bought. A box is ready to take to the shop - but not tomorrow.
We did open the shop for a few hours on the previous bank holidays, but nobody else seemed very grateful to us.
So we will revert to the old routine and remain closed.

This afternoon I have dealt with EBay sales. My name as an international ruler dealer still stands - one will be off to the USA on Tuesday. But a few more rulers didn't sell this time.

Bill enjoyed the Monaco Grand Prix - apart from the end, which was a bit of a farce. It gave Bill a much needed time to sit and rest.
He has been laying insulation in the loft.
I popped down to Asda during the Grand Prix - to get the doubly reduced items from the sell by date bay.
I have enjoyed the golf - it is gentle and the commentary of Peter Alliss is superb.

Tomorrow there will be another boot sale for a couple of hours - the one that doesn't start until 9 o'clock. I always feel full of anticipation for the things I might find.
Before bedtime I ought to try on the trouser suit I bought yesterday for £3. I wanted the jacket really - but if the trousers look good it would be a bonus.

Labels: