Friday, September 10, 2010

 

Bits and pieces

Its has been a bits and pieces sort of day.
We enjoyed a long lie in and a cup of tea in bed.

Then it was time to deliver my wee sample to the hospital. I have started on the antibiotics now; at least if there is an infection it will start to be dealt with before we go away.
There were a few more little chores to be done.

This afternoon we went to the shop for a quick visit. We wanted to put more things on the shelves and collect money for items sold since Monday. I have had a good few days.
Monika was there on duty with Claudia. They were attempting to create a new window display - but had been interrupted by customers all day long!
Just as they were getting going, there was further interruption as friend Mark came in, with Willow, the baby.
This took Monika's mind from the job in hand - Willow is a delight.
Bill and I helped as much as we could.
But it was not finished by closing time. Monika said she would go back this evening and do it.

We watched the Dr Who prom this evening - the concert that Ashley and Ecky went to in the summer at the Albert Hall.
I think I would have enjoyed it too.

More bits and pieces to do tomorrow. I still have the dining room table to clear!!! I think I shall end up sticking a label on each item with the amount I paid for it and then dump them in a box until October. I want to re-colour my hair too.
Bill will paint my toe nails for me - poor old lady that I am, I find I can't reach my toes well enough to make a good job of it. Jamie suggests I go for a pedicure in Thailand. I might.
I also have to do a bit of re-packing. The white M&S tops I bought yesterday at Ford are just so ideal to take with me to Thailand.

That's all for now. Goodnight. Looking forward to a refreshing cup of tea right now.