Wednesday, September 01, 2010

 

A bits and pieces leisurely day.

Another lovely early autumn day.
A leisurely morning was about to develop into a leisurely trip to town.

Then I looked at the calendar.
Whoops - I was due at the dentist in 20 minutes.
So I said to Bill Clinton, "What are you going to do about that one up there on the right?"
"Ignore it" was his reply.
He went on to suggest that he had already surmised that it is what I would want.
Quite right too - the remains of the tooth cause me no bother. One day we will discuss it again - 6 months if my teeth can hold out for that long without causing me concern.
The trip to town in the afternoon was delayed for a while by a fun skype chat with Jamie.
I am so glad we now have the camera so that we can talk and see each other.
The children were already in bed.
We laughed a lot as Jamie played games with images .
So here below are my son and daughter in law as never seen before.



This is such a good way to talk with people.
But, of course, in 2 weeks time, we will be in their home talking and laughing together for real.
Finally we made it into town. I think we have sorted almost everything we need to pack for our Thailand trip.
Today I was back on the white lacy trail.
I had not bought as many bras in M&S as I had planned, so I thought I would have a look in Debenhams and return to safe and sure Doreens!
Once again I had the usual problem with fitting advice.
I have not been officially fitted yet - you have to book an appointment for that these days.
But the assistant said I couldn't possibly need the size I was asking for.
So I explained that when I had had the smaller size I was uncomfortable within hours, with red marks round my body.
I was told that you have to get used to the discomfort!
That gradually the material will give a bit and after a few wearings you will appreciate the right fit.
I got a bit snappy I'm afraid.
I said that the thing I demanded first and foremost was comfort - now!
So she allowed herself to sell me the "wrong size" bras.
The head fitter - (and I could do with a new head really!) is on holiday right now. But I have her name and I am to ask for an appointment with her when I return from Thailand - then I will see the folly of my ways!
And finally we bought a birthday present for John.
The Thai grandchildren will have to have their birthdays in September!
Late for Jessica and early for John.
We just can't trust the postal service anymore.
Did anybody watch the Tony Blair interview?
Whatever you think of his politics and decisions, I still see that he has what was once appealing.
Though not many people would agree with me these days - the man has well and truly blotted his copybook!
Well, in the eyes of the bigoted press anyway.
Harry the cat has a problem - and we don't really know what it is.
He may have injured a paw or leg, or maybe his arthritis is getting worse.
It doesn't seem to upset him if we feel around or exert any pressure on it.
He just sits - and glares at us, as if it is our fault.
He will eat a bit - and I think he is hungry. But I repect his inner knowledge and understanding that maybe what he needs is rest.
If he really can't improve, we had better get him to the vet for some anti inflammatory drugs.
Tomorrow I really must clear the dining room table - still piled with all sorts of bits and pieces which should be written up and prepared for sale.

Labels: ,