Friday, August 27, 2010

 

Is it art?


Yesterday we pondered on the question "Is it art?"
The picture above is said to represent the fragility of both the individual and the general human condition, being tempted ever closer to the grey abyss.
In the 21st century mankind is turning away from the traditional order, rejecting the patterns of history and leaning over the edge into the unknown.

Do you agree with this interpretation? I will add a little more at the end.

I have not been anywhere today - no shopping trips.
This afternoon I began the task of writing up stuff in the garage that has been bought over the last few weeks.
Of course I have forgotten now what I paid for items.
Quite a lot has been done. But the dining room table still needs some attention as I seek to get things done before we go away.
Of course I got distracted by a less than urgent task.
I have been through my old stock and already arranged some boxes with things destined for a car boot sale.
But when?
Maybe we will get down to Ford with it all before Christmas; maybe not until the spring.
We could store it in Frieda's garage next door.

Bill has printed lots of pages for our photograph album which tell the story of my birthday treat. I hope you enjoyed the blog.

We will be going to Ford tomorrow morning - it seems like ages since we were there; in fact only 2 weeks.
I look forward to a rain free morning and some items which will contribute to the antiques shop business.
We will then walk the length of a bench on Littlehampton sea front.
It is a little longer than you might imagine - 324 metres long.
And it is, in its way, a work of art. It twists and turns and undulates. We will enjoy photographing it.

Art is a very subjective medium. People can think what they like about anything that has been created.
If an art pundit has established a name for him/herself then others might listen....and no doubt feel rather inferior for not seeing what the experts can clearly see.
But the interpretation of the bricks in the picture you have seen is not the opinion of an expert.
I made it up.
The bricks are no more than part of the building site outside our house.


Labels: