Saturday, August 21, 2010

 

Come back sunshine - please put your hat on again!

OK! I admit it! A certain level of depression has crept in. This is even earlier than last year.
The weather is gloomy and I am finding hard to get motivated.
But I am happy to know that there will be a boost in 3 weeks when we go to Thailand.
That should get me going again.
It was good to talk on the phone this afternoon with Jamie and Mam.
They rang as we watched some of The Man With the Golden Gun - the James Bond film that took them to Phang Nga; beautiful Pang Nga with the fantastic scenery - and the island which has now adopted the name James Bond Island.

Of course this weekend is the worst sort for me - almost certainly a non car boot sale weekend.
I think we could have gone to Edenbridge today - but visitors arrived and we chatted until it was too late to go.
The visitors were Bill's sister Jane and her husband.

There has been further family contact today through facebook. I am now in touch with a nephew's wife - they live in Plymouth.
What really pleases me is how I can be the catalyst which starts the ball rolling for all the cousins to make contact with each other.
I am glad that Scott and wife, Vicky, are now more than just names of family members.

I have cleared the dining room table today. The trouble is, I still have lots more to clean and write up in my stock book. For about 3 weeks things were just piled up in the garage.
But a start has been made.

With some pushing from Bill, bless him, I have chatted with my very good friend Dee today. She lives in France.
I have been so much in "putting things off" mode and I have neglected Dee and many others.

The weather forecast for tomorrow - indeed for the next few days is poor.
I doubt that we need to be up and out early for a car boot sale.
We do have commitments for tomorrow - we will be timekeeping at Horsham for one of their meetings.
Fortunately the weather looks better for Wednesday. I am looking forward to a special day out to an art exhibition in Eastbourne - tell you more about the art after the event.
I would love to buy a print - but they may be expensive.

And this evening, just to remind us that the summer season is passing, the first of the new X Factor series was on. I love it/hate it! Everything is manipulated by the programme makers - and yet it is entertaining.
We sat with our sausage and mash, needing the light on in the room, to indulge in this guilty pleasure; X Factor that is - no guilt about sausage and mash!
It won't be long before curtains will be pulled over in the early evening.