Wednesday, August 18, 2010

 

White and lacy

I had to find tasks to do today that I could manage and that would bring me back to life.
There was some shopping I needed to do.
On the advice of a friend I took myself off to Evans to look for items of underwear.
It should have felt like a momentous occasion - I was deemed to be too small for any of their stock!
Actually if they had assessed my size the same as the woman did in M &S, then they might have got the sale.
My new bras were bought in Marks and Spencers - white and lacy.
Having been in the very posh shop in Dorking a while ago, I was able to believe I had been very frugal in buying 5 items. The money spent would have bought just one bra in posh shop.
Now all I need do it start wearing and praying that they are actually as comfortable as they seemed to be in the fitting cubicle!

This afternoon's activity was not a chore at all. We visited Bill's cousin, Ann. Another cousin, Valerie was also there.
Talk flowed.
There was quite a lot of sharing of ailments. "Makes us sound like old folks" says Ann, who will be 82 on Sunday.
The tea pot kept us well supplied and we had a light tea together.

Health is never far off the agenda though.
Tomorrow morning I will have another CT scan. I am checked very regularly, thank goodness.
I do hope I will not be required to drink a litre of that awful tasting liquid.
That is a real chore.
I will have dye injected into the veins - never nice, particularly if the radiographer is not a dab hand with the needle. Last time I ended up with a sizeable bruise.

But it will be over reasonably soon - longer if I have to drink that stuff first.
I shall be glad to get some breakfast down me no doubt.