Friday, August 20, 2010

 

New family arrivals.

Much happening today.
We began with doctor's appointments - both of us.
I came out, as expected with a blood test form.
Bill came out with one of those too - and an XRay form.
We also had prescriptions for the items that we might not be given two lots of at the same time before we go away.
Within an hour, we had been to the pharmacy and then to the hospital and had blood tests and Bill's X Ray.
How efficiently the system was working!
Now we wait to see what Dr O might think is suitable.

The next chore took a great deal longer! I went to Marks and Spencers to change my recent purchases of things white and lacy - which proved to be too tight.
Interesting...... I now know that my size is exactly as I thought it was.
It is quite an awkward size really - not average and yet not well above average. It seems that M&S don't carry much stock in my size.
I have come home with 3 items and may go to Debenhams for more.
I tried on more bras than I would have thought possible - and got weary.

On the way back to the car we met Bill's sister, Sheila. I was able to ask about her daughter in Australia - our niece, Lisa.
Hooray - I had enough information to find her on facebook and within a short time we were in contact and others in the family have followed my lead. There are two great nephews in Australia. And Sheila was able to tell us of the recent arrival of a great niece, daughter of our nephew, Scott.

And this afternoon we went to meet another recent arrival - our great nephew, George.
This felt a bit poignant for me. My brother, Robin George, died in 1980, aged 33.
The new baby would have been another grandchild for him - and the name of the new baby is George Robin.
We had a lovely afternoon with Michaela and both the boys.
The elder brother is Robert, almost 5 years old now and quite charming - very sociable and confident and a real boy. His interests are technical and sporty and the big outdoors.
Father arrived home from work before we left.

Of course pictures were taken.
























Labels: