Tuesday, August 24, 2010

 

New Year's Eve - for me.

Well, that's it then .....another year over and a new one, filled with good intentions about to begin.
My intentions are always good you know!
It should be my epitaph - "she lived with good intentions!"

But today was Tuesday and a certain amount of rest has been needed.
I have written up some stock - the things that I bought in yesterday.
The picture shows some of it, and as you see the items are not what I usually have. But the little coffee cups and saucers are attractive and the sort of things that people collect - they are not too big and the costs can be low.

The one in the foreground - grey and blue shows Mount Fuji. When you hold it up to the light a head of a woman can be seen in the base.



Tomorrow we are going to the seaside - an no doubt we will see the sea. But our objective is the modern art gallery in Hastings to see a special exhibition of work by Eric Ravilious.
I love this picture. My childhood holidays were spent in a tent close by this farm. We played in the farm buildings, helped with the harvest and in my case, I mostly ignored the colony of artists who rented the tumbledown farm.
Happy birthday to several other people that I love who have birthdays this week.